Sunday, December 16, 2018

LIGHTNING ROUND (CUE AC/DC'S THUNDERSTRUCK)

AAAAAAH AHHH AHHH THUNDER

It has come to my attention that there's 298 of these fucking prompts left. And if I want any chance of completing this arbitrary goal I've set for myself that no one's reading and that has no time constraint, I'm going to need to really up the output.

Welcome to the lightning round. The points have been doubled making all other rounds irrelevant.

What is your favorite work of art? What do you love about it?

This one:


I love how many eyes there are.


Write a diary entry, dated 10 years in to the future.

Dear diary,

It's me. Ya boy. Remember that meme? Weird that I'd think of that ten year old meme, now of all times, here in the year 2029. It's still so crazy to me that the world came together near the end of 2019 and decided to just jump over 2020 in an effort to avoid a year of 'hindsight is 20/20' jokes. It didn't work of course but... Things are going great! Sure, the post apocalyptic hellscape we all reside in has taken some getting used to. And I'm getting, well, just down right irritated with travelling from settlement to settlement. Only to have a pack of raiders ride in and raze everything to the ground, leaving only blood and ash all in the name of their bloodless sky god, Ingrahllax.  But hey, at least my marriage to a cardboard cut out of 1995 Alanis Morissette that I found is going pretty great! Things were shaky with her for a little while after she discovered my brief fling with a poster of 1997 Natalie Imbruglia. She said some pretty hurtful things like, "why are all of your crushes on women from the year of their greatest financial successes? And "why are we both almost 20 years older than you? But your crush for us is from a time when we would have been the same age as you when you were ten years younger because this diary is from ten years in the future???""
Maybe she has a point. I don't really know what she meant by that last part, but maybe her asking that question has a point.
Really looking forward to Avengers 10: The Revengencing. Robert Downey Jr hasn’t missed a beat in my opinion.

Xoxo,
Eli Johansson

Give your city a new name that reflects what type of place it is.

Fart Wrath

Write about something presently in your life that is "worth it".

 I think staring at this prompt for 10 minutes was worth it. I mean, look at this incredibly interesting response all that thinking came up with. Everyone loves meta.

Let us do another one.

You are the wind’s interpreter. What is it saying?

I blow.

Another one.

Come up with a mathematical formula to express something you know/believe.

No + Way = José

ANOTHER ONE

Name one thing you lied to yourself about. Why did you do this?

NO WAIT GO BACK I DON'T LIKE IT

NO WAIT KEEP GOING MOVE PAST IT LALALA CAN'T SEE IT

What did you get into trouble for the most when you were a kid?

One time I got into trouble for saying "darn" and I'm still mad about it. DARN is the acceptable pg version of DAMN. And I mean even 'damn' is pretty pg. This happened 20 years ago and I still feel, in the cockles of my heart, the injustice that I felt that day. The righteous indignation still burns hot in my soul. I wish I remember that teacher's name.

Alright, that's enough. 8 down.
Two
Hun
Der
Red
And
Nine
Dee
Left to go

No comments:

Post a Comment